|Will someone build this for me? (credit Lord Ashram's House of War)|
I'd like you to take a picture of your FULLY REALIZED gaming table for me. And by "your" table, I mean the table where you most often game (basement, FLGS, etc), the caveat being that it must be fully finished...no dining room tables with a mat. I'm not dissing that style of play in any way, but I'm looking for inspiration. [read more]
This is going to be a watershed year for me in gaming. I may actually quit it altogether if I cannot find more time. I'm tired of reading the same old arguments on the same blogs and discussion boards, but I love the community as a whole. So, in my attempt to create a completely self-contained environment for gaming, I need some inspiration for designing and building a table. And that's where you come in.
Help Inspire Zeronyne Contest, part 1
2. Take a picture (or many) of it with one of the following in the shot:
- a piece of paper with "Hive Zero" written on it.
- you and a piece of paper with "Hive Zero" written on it.
- your army and a piece of paper with "Hive Zero" written on it.
Only one of the photos needs to have the the critereon met. The rest can just be pictures of the awesome table.
3. Send it to zeronyne=AT=aol.com with the subject line "Zero, get off your ass and build one of these!"
4. Be a follower of this blog.
That's it. I will post all the entries next week and choose the best few (IMO) to receive giveaways.
A Few Notes
- Please don't completely obscure the picture with the piece of paper.
- The table can be designed for any game system, but hard vacuum outer space ones will probably not win.
- Please don't try to doctor an Internet image. I do it for a living, and I will be able to tell. Besides, if I found a compelling image on the Internet, I would not be doing this.
- Winner chooses what they want from the prize pool, runner up chooses second.
- I will foot the first ten dollars of the shipping myself. This should cover any single prize mailed within the US. International winners, we can talk about it.
Old School Vindicator
Privateer Press Warmachine Cygnar Battle Box, metal
Ironwind Battletech Battleforce Starter Box 1
A bunch of old school Dark Eldar Warriors
As I look this post over, I wonder if anyone is going to actually do this. I guess we'll see. If it's successful, we'll do a part 2. Put any questions in the comments.