10.05.2011

Captain, My Captain

My attempt to finish my Blood Angels to a table top standard is coming along slowly but steadily. Next up is my converted AOBR Captain. I thought I had written about this model before, but I can't find it right now. He is the normal Black Reach Captain but with one little change: I Dremeled off the bare head and replace with with a Corvus pattern helmet.

Army Painter Dragon Red Spray Primer, Mechrite Red, Shining Gold, Chaos Black, Red Gore, Blood Red, Bleached Bone, Boltgun Metal, Mithril Silver, Devlan Mud, Asurmen Blue, Baal Red, Iyaden Darksun, Sunburst Yellow

His position is a bit static, but hey, he's from the AoBR set, so what can you do? The only painting I have left to do is a bit of detail when the red primer shows through. In addition to my helmet "conversion", I added one extra little touch:


Do you see the purity seal on the back of the banner. That's made of greenstuff and Instant Mold. I did a review of Instant Mold here.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is beautious! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the "beaky helmet" (didn't know it was actually called something) and the colors are glorious! NICE.

    ReplyDelete