1.06.2011

2011 and some new directions...

Happy New Year, everybody! And by everybody, I mean he dozen or so of you who actually stumble across this blog once in a while. I apologize for not posting more, but I'm trying to make some changes in my professional life, so things have been stressful and hectic.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't some great things ahead!

1) There are some rumblings about a reboot of Sisters! I started with an SoB army oh so many years ago, and I'm hoping we'll see a revival around 2012/13. I know that seems really far off, but there are certainly things closer on the calendar that are exciting as well.

2) Grey Knights! The rumors say that they will be delayed due to the success of Dark Eldar, and that's fine by me. It's not like I don't have a boatload of models to paint. But this ultra elite force should be quite popular because of the low model count alone, let alone all the new powers. I'm a little bummed about the downplaying of the Inquisition, but all this is speculation at this point, so I will reserve judgment until i have the codex in my mitts.

3) Picking a Chapter. I'm having some struggles trying to come up with a nice scheme for my AoBR marines. I plan to use them as the basis for a full 2500 pt SM army, but which one? I had some ideas, and as a test, I painted one of my AoBR dreadnought arms in an urban camo scheme (click to enlarge):

Any thoughts? I know that camo goes against the whole martial philosophy of the Astartes, but it may look cool...it's sort of redneck/SWAT (whatever the hell that means).

Now that i look at that picture again, I realize that I'm going to have to paint the whole thing up to see how it will really look. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment